The temporary locations currently housing collections to be moved include:
- The library’s off-site storage facility at 900 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway about two miles for the uptown Tulane campus.
- The 7th and 4th stacks levels in Jones Hall, located directly across and less than 100 yards from the Howard-Tilton building
- A temporary area for Music & Media located on the 4th floor of the Howard-Tilton building
- The open stacks areas in the northeast quadrant of the 4th floor of the Howard-Tilton building and other areas of the open stacks on floors 2-3.
- A temporary area for Microforms & Newspapers located on the 2nd floor of the Howard-Tilton building
The scope of work for the collection move includes a final phase, requiring an additional estimated 12 working days, in which collections will be shifted to restore lower floor spaces of the library to their original use prior to Katrina, after which large areas of study and user space were filled in with temporary shelving. This phase is expected to take place in the early portion of the spring semester in the general stacks areas of the library's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors.